Frequently Asked Questions
- My Pet is currently healthy – why do I need pet insurance? [ click here ]
- While your pet is healthy now, you never know what illness or injury tomorrow may bring. We recieve many heartbreaking calls from owners who want to sign up for a program after their pet has become sick or injured, and we unfortunately cannot provide coverage for any conditions that have developed prior to enrollment. Choose either Optimum or Complete and you can claim wellness costs each year and have the coverage to rely on in your pet's time of need.
- I read that my dogs breed is prone to hip dysplasia, what should I do? [ click here ]
- It is no myth that some breeds are more genetically prone to developing hereditary conditions such as hip dysplasia. 24PetWatch offers coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of hereditary conditions including hip dysplasia with our QuickCare Gold (70% and 90%) and QuickCare Complete insurance programs.
- My last pet had cancer and I spent thousands of dollars for treatment - I want to make sure that my new pet has the most comprehensive coverage available - which product should I choose? [ click here ]
- For maximum coverage, QuickCare Complete is the program for you! This program covers all accidents and illness, and includes annual wellness care which allows you to claim for routine costs such as vaccinations, examinations, teeth cleaning, and more! It covers any illness from the common cold to cancer. If you do not require coverage for wellness care our QuickCare Gold provides coverage for all accidents and all illnesses with a choice between 70% and 90% coverage.
- How much do I get back after I make a claim? [ click here ]
- This amount is determined by three factors:
- a) the amount of coverage that you currently have for the specific item that you are claiming for
- b) the deductible and
- c) the percentage of coverage that is offered through your program
- I don't think that I can afford pet insurance!. [ click here ]
- 24PetWatch offers choice and flexibility, please call us at 1-866-239-7387 to speak to one of our sales representatives who will help you choose a program that you can afford. If this is your main concern - you can't afford NOT to have pet insurance!
- What if I want to upgrade later? [ click here ]
- With 24PetWatch, you can upgrade your policy at any time. Just call to speak to a customer care representatives at 1-866-239-7387 to upgrade your policy.
- Do I have to change vets ? [ click here ]
- No! 24PetWatch allows you to use any licensed veterinarian in North America - this includes traditional veterinarians, alternative therapists and specialists as long as the veterinarian is licensed.
- Is the diagnosis and treatment of accidents and illnesses covered with a 24PetWatch program? [ click here ]
- Yes, 24PetWatch covers both the diagnosis, testing and treatment of covered incidents. This includes: the cost of hospitalization, visits, tests, X-rays, MRIs, CAT scans, prescription food and prescription medications.
- Do you offer discounts? [ click here ]
- 24PetWatch offers several discounts, including discounts for microchipped pets, multi-pets, group benefit discounts, and more!
- Should I get EmergencyCare Insurance for my Pet even if I have another program? [ click here ]
- Yes, EmergencyCare can immediately protect your pet in a lost pet emergency. EmergencyCare Insurance is a program designed to protect your microchipped pet in a lost pet emergency. It provides $3,000 coverage for life-saving treatment for your pet if it becomes ill or injured while lost for under $20 a year.
- I currently rent and my landlord is worried my pet causing damage – is there a program for me? [ click here ]
- Yes, 24PetWatch has developed a program called TenantCare which provides your pet with coverage for select accident and illnesses PLUS up to $700 of third party liability coverage in case your pet causes damage to your rental unit.
- How do I pay? [ click here ]
- If you choose to pay annually you can pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card, as well as a check or money order. If you prefer to pay your premium on a monthly basis, you can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card or Automatic Deductions from a Checking Account. At this time Discover Card cannot be process over the web. If you choose to pay monthly, a $2.00 pay plan fee is automatically included in your monthly billing.
- Can I enroll more then one pet ? [ click here ]
- Yes! Our online enrollment system allows you to enroll all your pets conveniently so you do not need to fill out multiple application forms. Each pet will get it's own policy, so you can choose to have each pet on a different program to best suit it's needs. If three or more pets are enrolled you are eligible for a 10% discount per policy (maximum discount per pet policy is 10%). If you are insure two or more pets and one is a cat, a 5% discount will be applied to each premium.
- How do I make a claim? [ click here ]
- Making a claim with 24PetWatch is simple - just mail or fax a one page claim form (completed by yourself & your veterinarian) along with the detailed receipts. Click here for more details and you download a claim form.
I had never had pet health insurance before I took it out for my Norwegian Forest Cat, Sonshine Superstar. He developed liver problems requiring expensive veterinary intervention. I received my reimbursement check in the mail yesterday and I am very happy I decided to insure Soni with PetCare Insurance!
Client: Lesa Marshall
Pet:Sonshine Superstar, 18 months
Condition: Liver Problems
Claim Paid: $2,329.00